PROFINET Device Monitor Update V1.06 available
PROFINET Device Monitor
The free of charge "PROFINET Device Monitor" and the "PROFINET Device Monitor - Command Line Tool" are easy to uses tools to support the developer during the development and testing phase of PROFINET capable devices.
The tools are optimally adapted to the PROFINET stacks of PORT GmbH, but can also be used in other PROFINET networks.
The tools allow to:
- scan networks for PROFINET capable devices regardless whether master or slave
- set information about the scanned devices such as station name, IP address aso.
- set a new temporary or permanent station name
- set a new temporary or permanent IP address incl. netmask and gateway
- read a specific record of a device. The slot and module information can be imported from a GSD file.
- write a specific record of a device. The slot and module information can be imported from a GSD file.
- establish a cyclic connection. The slot and module information can be imported from a GSD file
- editing the cyclic data
PROFINET Configuration Tool allows the application of above functionality within an easy to use GUI.
PROFINET Command Line Tool provides the same feature but runs completely on the command line and thus can be embedded in automatic tests and continuous delivery solutions e.g. within build servers.