SoM IoT / STM32F EVAL Kit
STMicrolectronics STM32F meets real-time multi-protocol solutions from port
With the SoM IoT, port offers a cost-effective and fast solution for integration into PROFINET, EtherNetIP and EtherCAT ** networks.
Best of all: all 3 Real Time Protocols are available on board - powered by GOAL
An extensive toolchain is available to help you with the integration and help you create the object data.
With the STM32F4 NUCLEO board in combination with the ARDUINO board "SoM IoT" from port - test all functions - you will be convinced
order the EVAL Kit "SoM IoT STM32F4 Nucleo" for only € 250.00 (net) **
- STM32F4 Nucleo Board
- SoM IoT module
- ARDUINO Board SoM IoT
- PROFINET CCB RT1 (on Board)
- EtherNetIP (on Board)
- EtherCAT (on Board)
- Management Tool (download after registration)
- Design Tool (PROFINET / EtherNetIP)
- SPI driver
- USB cable....
**EtherCAT will be available soon
about SoM IoT module
The SoM RIN32M3 is a ready to use, pre-certified (with example application) dual port Ethernet module solution currently available for PROFINET RT, EtherNet/IP, EtherCAT and CANopen real-time protocols, including an embedded 2-port Ethernet switch with a 3rd internal port for bus and ring network topologies.
In the SoM – RIN32M3 module a Renesas microcontroller is integrated running a protocol library which supports various kinds of real-time industrial Ethernet communication protocols. With a well-documented generic API (Application Programming Interface), the protocol library can be simply accessed from an application processor in order to exchange real-time network data with the user application via a lean SPI module interface.
The generic API is an abstraction platform for real-time communication offering scalable multi-protocol solutions such as PROFINET RT, EtherNet/IP, EtherCAT and CANopen. The external application processor has full control of the protocol stacks running on the module CPU without interfering the modules’ real-time communication or wasting the CPU performance on the host processor.
The currently available industrial Ethernet protocols PROFINET RT, EtherNet/IP, EtherCAT and the common Fieldbus CANopen implementations are complying with the latest specification releases. An extensive tool chain covering evaluation boards (module and application processor), API source code and host application examples including extensive documentation makes the integration into your target application environment quite easy. All this enables the users for a lean and independent connection to existing or new applications, products and networks while accelerating time to market.
about STM32F4 Nucleo Board
Data Sheet STM32F429 ZI NUCLEO - Download
- STM32 microcontroller in LQFP144 package
- Two types of extension resources:
- ST Zio connector including: support for Arduino™ Uno V3 connectivity (A0 to A5,D0 to D15) and additional signals exposing a wide range of peripherals
- ST morpho extension pin header footprints for full access to all STM32 I/Os
- ARM® mbed Enabled™ (see mbed.org)
- On-board ST-LINK/V2-1debugger/programmer with SWD connector:
- Selection-mode switch to use the kit as astandalone ST-LINK/V2-1– USB re-enumeration capability.
- Threedifferent interfaces supported on USB:virtual COM port, mass storage, debug portFlexible board power supply:
- 5 V from ST-LINK/V2-1 USB VBUS
- External power sources: 3.3 V and 7 - 12 Von ST Zio or ST morpho connectors, 5 V on
- ST morpho connector• USB OTG or full-speed device with Micro-ABconnector (depending on STM32 support)
- IEEE-802.3-2002 compliant Ethernetconnector (depending on STM32 support)
- Three user LEDs
- Two push-buttons: USER and RESET• LSE crystal:– 32.768 KHz crystal oscillator
- Comprehensive free software HAL libraryincluding a variety of software examples
- Support of wide choice of IntegratedDevelopment Environments (IDEs) includingIAR™, Keil®, GCC-based IDEs, ARM® mbed™
how to order
MQQ: 1 pcs